S AFRICA: Distell signs wine deal for FIFA World Cup
South Africa-based drinks group Distell has signed a deal with world football body FIFA to become an official supplier for the 2010 World Cup.
Distell will release a limited edition range of Nederburg-branded wines in the UK and other countries from this July, as part of the deal with FIFA.
The range of three single varietals will be Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé and will be available from July to the end of 2010, with a recommended retail price of GBP6.99.
Sarah Gandy, marketing manager for Distell Europe, said: "As Nederburg is the leading South African wine in so many international markets, and with our intention to build our profile in the UK, it is a great opportunity to work with FIFA as an official supplier and leverage the relationship."
The FIFA World Cup takes places in South Africa next year, with England on-course to qualify and Scotland and Northern Ireland also in with a chance of making the finals.
The distribution for the limited edition Nederburg wines will also include Ireland, Germany, Canada, Sweden, as well as South Africa and selected countries throughout Africa, Asia and South America, Distell said.
Distell has launched South Africa's first single grain whisky made from locally-grown maize and made at its James Sedgwick Distillery in Wellington, near Cape Town....
Danie de Wet has resigned as chairman of South African drinks giant KWV, which is in the process of changing its name while unbundling its financial and operational interests....
Distell has lined up an off-trade promotional push for its Savanna cider brand in the UK....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK