S AFRICA: Distell signs wine deal for FIFA World Cup
South Africa-based drinks group Distell has signed a deal with world football body FIFA to become an official supplier for the 2010 World Cup.
Distell will release a limited edition range of Nederburg-branded wines in the UK and other countries from this July, as part of the deal with FIFA.
The range of three single varietals will be Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé and will be available from July to the end of 2010, with a recommended retail price of GBP6.99.
Sarah Gandy, marketing manager for Distell Europe, said: "As Nederburg is the leading South African wine in so many international markets, and with our intention to build our profile in the UK, it is a great opportunity to work with FIFA as an official supplier and leverage the relationship."
The FIFA World Cup takes places in South Africa next year, with England on-course to qualify and Scotland and Northern Ireland also in with a chance of making the finals.
The distribution for the limited edition Nederburg wines will also include Ireland, Germany, Canada, Sweden, as well as South Africa and selected countries throughout Africa, Asia and South America, Distell said.
Distell has launched South Africa's first single grain whisky made from locally-grown maize and made at its James Sedgwick Distillery in Wellington, near Cape Town....
Danie de Wet has resigned as chairman of South African drinks giant KWV, which is in the process of changing its name while unbundling its financial and operational interests....
Distell has lined up an off-trade promotional push for its Savanna cider brand in the UK....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018