SOUTH AFRICA: Distell sells Lanzerac trademark
In a move to focus its wine portfolio further on its export markets, Distell has sold its Lanzerac trademark to Cape entrepreneur Christo Wiese. Wiese acquired the Lanzerac farm, hotel and manor house in 1991, but an agreement was reached with Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (now part of Distell) whereby the company maintained the trademark rights for Lanzerac wines domestically. Wiese was responsible for exports and cellar door sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban