UK: Distell secures Sainsbury's cider listing
South African cider brand Savanna has secured a listing at UK retail giant Sainsbury's.
The brand's UK distributor, Babco, said yesterday (2 November) that the deal "demonstrates the brands continuing success and its respect in the UK cider market."
Babco director Chris Bowen said: ""It is a great coup to secure a listing with one of the leading European retailers."
South African drinks group Distell first launched its Savanna brand into the UK five years ago to meet demand from the growing ex-patriate community in the country. The brand is also sold in Italy, Germany, Ireland and the US.
Despite being only a few days into 2007, attention is already turning towards the summer and the exhibition season. Earlier this month, the team that organises the biennial Bordeaux extravaganza Vinex...
In this month's Just the Answer, Gary Greenfield, managing director of Distell Europe, talks about South Africa's largest drinks company's international aspirations, not only for its flagship wine bra...
Burn Stewart Distillers and Distell Group have created a joint venture in Africa....
KWV has reported falling first-half earnings as one-off costs hit profits at the South African drinks group....
The chief viticulturist at Distell, South Africa's largest wine group, has predicted lower crop sizes in many of the country's wine-growing regions....
South African drinks group Distell said today (1 March) that it hopes to boost its presence in Holland following its deal with local distributor Baarsma Wine Group....
Distell managing director Jan Scannell believes the company's cider sales will continue to thrive this year and offset a challenging European wine market....
South African drinks group Distell today (14 February) posted a jump in first half sales and earnings as it brushed off a tough domestic wine market....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts