SOUTH AFRICA: Distell received R46.5m for Martell
Distell received R46.5m in compensation for the termination of the South African production, marketing and distribution rights of the Martell Brandy trademark it sold to Pernod Ricard earlier this year. At the time of the deal, in terms of a Competition Tribunal finding into its merger, the Stellenbosch-based wine and spirit producer had to give up certain medium-priced spirits. Both companies declined to specify the amount involved at the time.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director