S AFRICA: Distell predicts earnings jump
Distell, South Africa's largest wine and spirits group, has forecast a healthy jump in earnings for the first half of its financial year.
The company, which owns brands including Nederburg wine and Amarula cream liqueur, has advised shareholders that, for the six months to 31 December, earnings per share will be 55-65% higher than last year.
"This is largely attributable to an improvement in trading income and reduced financing costs," Distell said on Tuesday (16 January).
The company intends to publish its interim results on 14 February.
In this month's Just the Answer, Gary Greenfield, managing director of Distell Europe, talks about South Africa's largest drinks company's international aspirations, not only for its flagship wine bra...
Established as the dominant force in its domestic wines and spirits market and as an exporter to other African countries, South African group Distell is now aiming to raise its profile in global marke...
Burn Stewart Distillers has revamped its UK sales team and brought it back in-house....
Savanna has teamed up with C4's music programme Transmission with T-mobile....
The Savanna cider brand has doubled its sales in the UK in the 12 months to the end of February 2007 compared to the same period last year....
Burn Stewart Distillers and Distell Group have created a joint venture in Africa....
KWV has reported falling first-half earnings as one-off costs hit profits at the South African drinks group....
The chief viticulturist at Distell, South Africa's largest wine group, has predicted lower crop sizes in many of the country's wine-growing regions....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets