UK: Distell poaches Constellation exec for UK and Europe
Distell has confirmed the appointment of a marketing manager for its wine portfolio in the UK and Europe.
The South African drinks company announced yesterday (2 October) that Sarah Gandy, who has spent the last five years as global brand manager at Constellation's Kumala wine brand, will join Distell in the newly-created position.
"With Sarah's experience and insight we are confident that she will drive Distell's portfolio of wines," said Gary Greenfield, managing director of Distell Europe. "She has a tremendous knowledge of the trade and a real passion and enthusiasm for South African wines.
"Sarah's experience in building a very successful South African brand (for another producer) will be a fantastic asset. Her prime objective will be to encourage retailers and consumers to consider the breadth and quality of South African wine and our portfolio in particular."
Gandy added: "The combination of the strengths inherent in these brands and the resources the business is prepared to invest to support them convinces me that we can help make the South African category one of the most dynamic in the future."
Constellation Europe is investing GBP12m (US$23.9m) behind its flagship brand Hardys, to encompass TV advertising and a number of sponsorship deals in the UK....
Crown Imports has announced details of a major marketing push for the Corona Extra and Corona Light beer brands in the US....
Constellation Europe has created the new position of director for premium wine....
Constellation has warned that the recent hike in duty on wine in the UK could mark the end of the GBP3.99 (US$8.12) a bottle price point in the country....
KWV Limited has reported growth in turnover and earnings, as the South African wine group benefited from a healthy dividend from its compatriot drinks group Distell....
Nearly a quarter of US wine consumers are "overwhelmed" by the broad selection available at US retail, according to a study released by Constellation Wines US....
Distell has unveiled a competition promotion for its Nederburg wine brand in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research