SOUTH AFRICA: Distell merger under investigation
Far reaching consequences could result from South Africa's Competition Tribunal findings that the merger between Distillers' Corporation and Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery was a notifiable transaction. The Tribunal presented its findings in Pretoria late yesterday and in its summary it found that although there were three major shareholders, there was no conclusive evidence that they operated together in directly controlling the direction of SFW and Distillers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch