SOUTH AFRICA: Distell loses Martell
Distell has come off lightly in its drawn out merger battle, losing its full licensing agreement to produce, market and distribute the Martel brandies in South Africa. To a lesser extent Distell and KWV Limited will in future not be allowed to have directors serving on each others boards, while neither would be able to distribute each others products, including the present agreement whereby Distell distributes certain KWV premium brandies and fortified wines, The South African Competition Tribunal has decreed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery