SOUTH AFRICA: Distell loses Martell
Distell has come off lightly in its drawn out merger battle, losing its full licensing agreement to produce, market and distribute the Martel brandies in South Africa. To a lesser extent Distell and KWV Limited will in future not be allowed to have directors serving on each others boards, while neither would be able to distribute each others products, including the present agreement whereby Distell distributes certain KWV premium brandies and fortified wines, The South African Competition Tribunal has decreed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m