US: Distell hires US marketing manager
Distell has appointed a marketing manager for its wine portfolio in North America.
The US subsidiary of the South African company said last week that Joanne Newborn will take on the head role, focusing on brands including Two Oceans, Nederburg, and Fleur du Cap in both the US and Canada.
Newborn was previously market manager with Mark Anthony Brands in the Mike's Hard Lemonade US division. Prior to that, Newborn worked as Pacific region manager with Team Enterprises, working on the Miller Brewing Co. account.
Last month, Distell's parent company, KWV posted a 6.3% rise in full-year sales, which came in at ZAR745.2m (US$92.9m). Distell's contribution to group sales last year increased by 14.2%.
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Dan...
KWV suffered a loss of almost ZAR1.45m (US$172,400) from the flavour-altering exploits of two former winemakers, who were sentenced in a South African magistrate's court this week....
A sales increase of 18.8% in packaged products over the past 12 months has made up for a 28% decline in bulk spirits sales at KWV....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Double-digit growth in export markets has boosted sales and profit at South African wine and spirits group Distell in its latest full-year....
Distell, the South African wine & spirits group, has said earnings per share will rise in double digits for its full-year....
Coors Brewing Co. has confirmed the transfer of several of its properties in the US to MillerCoors....
MillerCoors has picked Chicago as the location for its headquarters, with the city pipping Dallas to house the joint venture....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends