S AFRICA: Distell bows to UK retail demand for 500ml Savanna
Distell has lined up a larger sized offering of its Savanna cider brand in the UK.
The South African company said yesterday (12 October) that the introduction of a 500ml bottle version of the cider is in response to retailers in the country requesting uniform sizing in the off-trade cider market.
"There was definitely a call amongst some of the leading supermarket chains for the 500ml size," said Anthony Mills, head of marketing across Europe for Savanna. "Savanna was only too pleased to 'act locally' and produce an additional bottle size if that is what the UK market demands. The larger size, in some cases, is likely to be decanted from the bottle before drinking, but still served chilled and with a slice of lemon."
The 500ml variant will complement the current 330ml packaging, which has also been the subject of a recent revamp. Distell also said that a 12-pack 'Chill Pack' of 330ml bottles has launched in the UK this month. The offering has a rigid plastic lining which can be reused.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has agreed a deal to sell its Bisquit Cognac brand to South Africa's Distell Group for EUR31m, as part of the French group's strategy to dispose of peripheral brands....
South African wine and spirit maker Distell said growth is likely to slow this year despite posting an 18% increase in first-half profit....
Aspri Spirits has launched Distell Group's cream liqueur brand Amarula in Mumbai, India....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research