EUR: Distell appoints Savanna European marketing chief
Savanna Cider, the South African cider brand owned by the Distell group, has appointed Anthony Mills as head of marketing with a brief to oversee its pan-European expansion.
Distell said yesterday (10 December) that the appointment has been made on the back of the brand's growth in the UK market. Savanna's volume sales in the UK have doubled over the past 12 months.
Mills' brief is to consolidate and then build on Savanna's positioning and sales in the UK whilst developing the European market, Distell said.
Mills, a New Zealander, was formerly general manager for sales and marketing at New Zealand wine producer Cable Bay, a post he held for three years. Before that, he was European manager for Wingara Wines, having previously worked Menzendorff, Kelloggs, Heinz and Heineken.
A difference of opinion between Heineken-APB (China) and Nantong Fuhao Alcohol Industry (NAC) has resulted in the company selling its stake in Jiangsu DaFuHao Breweries to Nantong....
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang Beer, is moving into the premium beer category in Thailand by launching German beer brand Federbrauin the country, according to local reports....
Distell is launching a national integrated advertising campaign in the UK for its South African Savanna Cider brand this month....
Distell has appointed a marketing manager for its wine portfolio in North America....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends