S AFRICA: Distell appoints SABMiller exec as MD-elect
Distell will change MD at the end of the year
Distell has appointed a new group managing director who will step in to the role when Jan Scannell retires at the end of the year.
Richard Rushton, who is president of SABMiller's Colombian subsidiary Bavaria, will take over at Distell on 1 November, Distell said this week. SABMiller owns a 30% stake in South Africa-based Distell, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (1 August).
Distell chairman David Nurek described Rushton as having a “deep understanding of the liquor industry in Southern Africa, Africa, Asia and Latin America”. Rushton has been head of Bavaria since 2011, the SABMiller spokesperson said.
Scannell, who will leave Distell in December, has been with the company for 34 years, the past 13 as MD, according to Bloomberg's Business Week.
In April, Distell moved further into the Scotch category with the US$244m purchase of Burn Stewart Distillers.
As well as rising to second place in the global cider/perry market in 2012, South African company, Distell, is a globally significant player in wine, spirits and RTDs/high-strength premixes. This prof...
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
Alcoholic Drinks in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 201...
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat