S AFRICA: Distell appoints new non-exec director
Distell has appointed a new non-executive director to its board.
Jan Jonathan Durand will take up the role as of 1 July, the Stellenbosch-based drinks firm announced on Friday (22 June). Durand is currently CEO of investment holding firm Remgro Limited. He is also a former CEO of private equity firm VenFin Ltd.
Earlier this year, Distell reported strong half-year rises in net sales and profits.
Distell was created in 2000 by the merger of Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (SFW) and Distillers Corporation.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"