S AFRICA: Distell appoints new non-exec director
Distell has appointed a new non-executive director to its board.
Jan Jonathan Durand will take up the role as of 1 July, the Stellenbosch-based drinks firm announced on Friday (22 June). Durand is currently CEO of investment holding firm Remgro Limited. He is also a former CEO of private equity firm VenFin Ltd.
Earlier this year, Distell reported strong half-year rises in net sales and profits.
Distell was created in 2000 by the merger of Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (SFW) and Distillers Corporation.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights