S AFRICA: Distell appoints new non-exec director
Distell has appointed a new non-executive director to its board.
Jan Jonathan Durand will take up the role as of 1 July, the Stellenbosch-based drinks firm announced on Friday (22 June). Durand is currently CEO of investment holding firm Remgro Limited. He is also a former CEO of private equity firm VenFin Ltd.
Earlier this year, Distell reported strong half-year rises in net sales and profits.
Distell was created in 2000 by the merger of Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (SFW) and Distillers Corporation.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research