S AFRICA: Distell appoints new non-exec director
Distell has appointed a new non-executive director to its board.
Jan Jonathan Durand will take up the role as of 1 July, the Stellenbosch-based drinks firm announced on Friday (22 June). Durand is currently CEO of investment holding firm Remgro Limited. He is also a former CEO of private equity firm VenFin Ltd.
Earlier this year, Distell reported strong half-year rises in net sales and profits.
Distell was created in 2000 by the merger of Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (SFW) and Distillers Corporation.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research