S AFRICA: Distell appoints new non-exec director
Distell has appointed a new non-executive director to its board.
Jan Jonathan Durand will take up the role as of 1 July, the Stellenbosch-based drinks firm announced on Friday (22 June). Durand is currently CEO of investment holding firm Remgro Limited. He is also a former CEO of private equity firm VenFin Ltd.
Earlier this year, Distell reported strong half-year rises in net sales and profits.
Distell was created in 2000 by the merger of Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (SFW) and Distillers Corporation.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016