UK: Distell aims for festive Amarula spike
Distell's cream liqueur brand Amarula is set for a sampling campaign in the UK.
Amarula's UK distributor, First Drinks Brands, said yesterday (24 October) that the campaign, launched this month at the National Wedding Show in Birmingham, will run through to Christmas. Sampling will also be offered at the BBC Good Food Show and in-store at nationwide retailers.
"The Wedding Show was an ideal place for us to launch the sampling campaign as the marula tree is known in ancient South African folklore as The Wedding Tree," said Andy Corris, brand manager for Amarula at First Drinks. "Sampling is a great mechanic for Amarula as a high proportion of consumers who try the brand go on to buy it."
First Drinks hopes to target over 500,000 consumers with the campaign.
Earlier this year, Distell reported a 12% rise in sales for Amarula in the year to 30 June, driven by the export markets of Germany, Canada, the US and Brazil.
Despite being only a few days into 2007, attention is already turning towards the summer and the exhibition season. Earlier this month, the team that organises the biennial Bordeaux extravaganza Vinex...
In this month's Just the Answer, Gary Greenfield, managing director of Distell Europe, talks about South Africa's largest drinks company's international aspirations, not only for its flagship wine bra...
Burn Stewart Distillers and Distell Group have created a joint venture in Africa....
KWV has reported falling first-half earnings as one-off costs hit profits at the South African drinks group....
The chief viticulturist at Distell, South Africa's largest wine group, has predicted lower crop sizes in many of the country's wine-growing regions....
South African drinks group Distell said today (1 March) that it hopes to boost its presence in Holland following its deal with local distributor Baarsma Wine Group....
Distell managing director Jan Scannell believes the company's cider sales will continue to thrive this year and offset a challenging European wine market....
South African drinks group Distell today (14 February) posted a jump in first half sales and earnings as it brushed off a tough domestic wine market....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends