GLOBAL: Distell adds Amarula to World Cup tie-up
Amarula will be an officially licensed product of this year's World Cup
Distell has secured FIFA World Cup sponsorship for another of its drinks brands.
The South African firm, which signed a deal with FIFA a year ago to become an official supplier for this year's World Cup, this week launched limited edition packaging for its Amarula cream liqueur brand.
The packaging uses the World Cup Trophy in gold as a centrepiece against a black backdrop.
Amarula will be be an official licensed product of the football tournament, which takes place in South Africa in June and July.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
Last July, Distell released a limited edition range of Nederburg-branded wines in the UK and other countries, as part of the deal with FIFA. The single varietals are Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé and will be available until the end of this year, with a recommended retail price of GBP6.99 (US$10.60) each.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research