GLOBAL: Distell adds Amarula to World Cup tie-up
Amarula will be an officially licensed product of this year's World Cup
Distell has secured FIFA World Cup sponsorship for another of its drinks brands.
The South African firm, which signed a deal with FIFA a year ago to become an official supplier for this year's World Cup, this week launched limited edition packaging for its Amarula cream liqueur brand.
The packaging uses the World Cup Trophy in gold as a centrepiece against a black backdrop.
Amarula will be be an official licensed product of the football tournament, which takes place in South Africa in June and July.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
Last July, Distell released a limited edition range of Nederburg-branded wines in the UK and other countries, as part of the deal with FIFA. The single varietals are Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé and will be available until the end of this year, with a recommended retail price of GBP6.99 (US$10.60) each.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends