US: DISCUS urges action on Bulgarian spirits fraud
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) has pressed for further action over counterfeit spirits from Bulgaria, even though progress has been made against the problem.
In a detailed report, DISCUS welcomed the increased seizures of fake US whiskies, which reached almost 1,300 last year, compared with 284 cases in 2005.
DISCUS was also happy with plans to increased official controls over beverage alcohol imports.
However, the organisation said it wants the controls clarified, for Bulgaria to "streamline" complaints procedures and "dedicate additional police resources to fight counterfeiting".
Anti-social behaviour linked to alcohol abuse has once again grabbed the headlines in the UK. But Chris Losh believes that while the industry has made great strides with regard to social responsibilit...
The global market for premium beer is set for further strong growth over the coming six years, according to a recent report published by just-drinks, but there will be marked variations in the growth ...
The authorities in Russia have postponed the deadline for their alcohol data system once again, according to local reports....
The chief legal officers from 29 states have united to condemn alcoholic energy drinks....
Vinmonopolet has seen the poor summer weather affect sales in July....
The California State Board of Equalization (BOE), under the leadership of State Controller John Chiang, has set in motion a rulemaking procedure which would tax RTDs as distilled spirits rather than a...
A police chief has called for the legal drinking age to be raised due to a prevalence of anti-social behaviour and violence among teenage drinkers across the UK....
Finland's brewing and soft drinks industry federation has warned the Government that plans for a significant hike in taxes on beer, spirits and wine will impact negatively on profits and expand demand...
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends