US: DISCUS lines up Internet guideline revamp
The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) has unveiled industry-wide guidelines for advertising and marketing on the Internet in the US.
The trade body said yesterday (18 December) that the updated benchmark has been designed to meet the industry's 70% 21-years-of-age and older demographic standard. The guideline, which comes into effect at the beginning of next year, provides standards for the appropriate use of different Internet demographic measurement tools including syndicated data sources, independent demographic surveys, and website 'register user' databases.
"With online communication channels becoming increasingly present in today's media landscape, this new Internet guideline will further assist beverage alcohol companies in meeting the code's standard when using this rapidly evolving marketing tool," said DISCUS president Peter Cressy. "Over the decades, the spirits industry's advertising code has evolved to meet the challenges of new media technology."
The new guideline will apply to all paid and unpaid placements under the control of the advertiser including ads on third-party websites, video advertisements, audio mentions, Internet banners, pop-ups, sponsorships, user-generated content including blogs and 'limited edition' websites.
The London International Wine Fair always offers a wide variety of exhibitors, including a healthy representation from less well-known regions. Chris Losh took the opportunity of last month's fair to ...
The 61st World Health Assembly published its resolution on "Strategies to reduce the harmful use of alcohol" last month. Ben Cooper examines the resolution and the response from public health agencies...
A difference of opinion between Heineken-APB (China) and Nantong Fuhao Alcohol Industry (NAC) has resulted in the company selling its stake in Jiangsu DaFuHao Breweries to Nantong....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang Beer, is moving into the premium beer category in Thailand by launching German beer brand Federbrauin the country, according to local reports....
Australians who consume alcohol at dangerous levels drink eight times more beer than any other alcoholic product, according to research released today (3 June)....
Wine looks set to overtake soju in South Korea, according to recent figures from the country....
An anti-shipping law to be implemented in Illinois this week will result in hundreds of California winemakers losing their right to ship wine into the state's wine markets....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research