US: DISCUS holds media buying conference
The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) has hosted a media buying summit.
The event, which was held yesterday (15 Nov), brought together industry leaders to share best practices for responsible media placement under the provisions of the association's voluntary advertising and marketing code.
"This conference was designed to bring together the very best minds in the industry to share best practices to ensure responsible placement of distilled spirits advertisements," said DISCUS president Peter Cressy.
The conference objectives were to enhance industry-wide compliance with the code's 70% 21 years and older demographic placement provisions, and to share ideas and discuss best practices in complying with the 70% standard.
Among the speakers at the conference were representatives from media research companies such as Arbitron, Nielsen, Mediamark Research and ComScore.
"The summit was a real nuts and bolts compliance meeting that demonstrates our commitment to be best-in-class in self-regulation," said Diageo's Carolyn Panzer, chair of the DISCUS Code Review Board.
Under the association's code of responsible practices for beverage alcohol advertising and marketing, beverage alcohol advertising and marketing should be placed only in a medium where at least 70% of the audience is reasonably expected to be 21 years of age or older.
The State of Illinois faces the prospect of legal action if legislation passes prohibiting Illinois consumers from purchasing wine from out-of-state wine retailers....
The Norwegian monopoly alcohol retailer Vinmonopolet has reported a significant increase in sales performance for its first quarter....
Israel's Ministry of Finance has changed the tax method on domestic beer, equalising it with imported beer....
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is set to adopt a stricter approach to its alcohol advertising in the US....
Diageo has blended the most expensive Crown Royal whisky ever....
The head of sponsorship at Coca-Cola has left to join Diageo as global sponsorship director....
Diageo Great Britain is rolling out its responsible drinking advertising nationally....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report