US: DISCUS hires communications manager
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) has appointed a communications manager for its public affairs and communications team.
The organisation said yesterday (16 January) that, in her new role, Natalie Strong will "participate in media relations and special events that focus on spirits trends, industry heritage and providing industry data to the media".
Previously, Strong served as a communications specialist for Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue where she acted as a spokesperson for First Lady Mary Perdue, assistant to the Governor's Press Secretary and liaison for national and international media.
Prior to her role in the Governor's office, Strong worked with Turner Broadcasting in Atlanta as well as getting involved in national marketing and promoting campaigns as a former cheerleader for the Atlanta Falcons.
DISCUS senior vice president Frank Coleman said: "Natalie is a welcome addition to the DISCUS public affairs team. Her media relations and state government expertise will play major role in helping promote spirits trends and industry heritage."
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends