BERMUDA: Directorial switches at Bacardi
Bacardi has elected two directorial changes on its board.
The Bermuda-based company said yesterday (13 July) that Jay McDowell and Guy Peyrelongue are retiring from the board, to be replaced by Michael Dolan and John Galantic. The two were elected to the board at the company's annual general meeting last Thursday (9 July), in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Dolan, 62, retired as executive vice president and CFO of Viacom in December 2006. He currently serves on the boards of toy manufacturer Mattel, and of America's Choice, a not for profit that provides solutions for educational organisations. He has held senior executive roles at PepsiCo between 1991 and 1996.
Galantic, 47, is president, US and COO of luxury goods company Chanel. From 1996 to 1999, he was country general manager of consumer healthcare for SmithKline Beecham in Brussels and in London, and director of category management, consumer healthcare from 1994 to 1996.
"The vast experience these two individuals bring in finance, operations, and consumer marketing will be very helpful to the Company as we continue to extend our leadership positions within the spirits industry," said company chairman Facundo Bacardi.
Last week, Bacardi confirmed that Jacques Croisetière will replace Ralph Morera as its CFO at the beginning of next month.
While the economy dominated the news agenda in 2009, the coming year will see renewed pressure on soft drinks companies in areas such as sugar content, advertising and functional ingredients. Ben Coop...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
Orange juice futures spiked this week over fears that a cold snap in the US would hit supplies....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group will advertise its Dr Pepper brand for the first time during live coverage of this year's Super Bowl....
PepsiCo joint venture International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ) has acquired Egypt's International Company for Agro-Industrial Projects (Beyti)....
Suntory Holdings is looking to up its presence in China through an extension of its tie-up with PepsiCo, according to reports....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China