US: Director changes confirmed at Cott
Cott Corporation has added to its board of directors.
The retailer brand soft drink provider yesterday (15 March) appointed David Gibbons to its board. Gibbons is chairman of the Perrigo Company, having previously held the positions of president, CEO and executive chairman of the manufacturer of retailer brand pharmaceutical and nutritional products.
"I look forward to benefiting from Dave's broad experience and insight as we continue to implement our strategy of reducing costs, strengthening our customer relationships and driving innovation," said Brent Willis, Cott's CEO.
The company also said yesterday that Colin Adair and John Bennett will not stand for re-election to the board at the company's annual meeting next month. Adair had been on the board since the company went public in 1986, while Bennett joined the board in 1998.
Earlier this week, Cott appointed Juan Figuereo as CFO, replacing Tina Dell'Aquila who had been holding the position on an interim basis.
The drinks industry has not been immune from the growing influence of private equity groups (PEGS) in the corporate world. Critics argue that PEGs hark back to the worst excesses of 1980s corporate gr...
Cott Corporation's Mexican business has acquired the assets of the El Riego company in Mexico....
A senior executive at Cott Corporation is set to leave the company as part of a consolidation of its leadership team....
Cott Corporation has posted a sharp slide in profit for its second quarter....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed its interest in either buying Cadbury Schweppes' iced tea line Snapple or building its own tea brand, according to reports....
Cott Corporation plans to merge two of its units in an effort to cut costs and "strengthen its relationship with retailers."...
The Indian company Tata Tea has declined to comment on a report in the Indian newspaper Economic Times that Tata Group is interested in joining a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' US beverage business to sec...
Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on speculation that it may be interested in acquiring Cadbury Schweppes's Snapple iced tea....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research