UK: Direct Wines director leaves to launch consultancy
Direct Wines handles distribution for Laithwaites
Direct Wines has announced that its global wine director is stepping down from the role to launch his own consultancy.
Justin Howard-Sneyd, who has held the post for three years, is due to launch The Hive Wine Consulting next month. However, he will remain involved with the mail order merchant as its global wine consultant.
Howard-Sneyd, who has worked for Waitrose and Sainsbury's as a buyer, said: “It is fantastic to have the opportunity to invest more time in developing Domaine of the Bee and other winemaking projects and I am looking forward to building up a list of other clients in the coming months.”
Simon McMurtrie, Direct Wines' chief executive, said he supported Howard-Sneyd's “ambition to spend more time speaking, writing, tasting and judging in the wider world of wine”.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends