UK: Direct Wines director leaves to launch consultancy
Direct Wines handles distribution for Laithwaites
Direct Wines has announced that its global wine director is stepping down from the role to launch his own consultancy.
Justin Howard-Sneyd, who has held the post for three years, is due to launch The Hive Wine Consulting next month. However, he will remain involved with the mail order merchant as its global wine consultant.
Howard-Sneyd, who has worked for Waitrose and Sainsbury's as a buyer, said: “It is fantastic to have the opportunity to invest more time in developing Domaine of the Bee and other winemaking projects and I am looking forward to building up a list of other clients in the coming months.”
Simon McMurtrie, Direct Wines' chief executive, said he supported Howard-Sneyd's “ambition to spend more time speaking, writing, tasting and judging in the wider world of wine”.
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller