UK: Direct Wines director leaves to launch consultancy
Direct Wines handles distribution for Laithwaites
Direct Wines has announced that its global wine director is stepping down from the role to launch his own consultancy.
Justin Howard-Sneyd, who has held the post for three years, is due to launch The Hive Wine Consulting next month. However, he will remain involved with the mail order merchant as its global wine consultant.
Howard-Sneyd, who has worked for Waitrose and Sainsbury's as a buyer, said: “It is fantastic to have the opportunity to invest more time in developing Domaine of the Bee and other winemaking projects and I am looking forward to building up a list of other clients in the coming months.”
Simon McMurtrie, Direct Wines' chief executive, said he supported Howard-Sneyd's “ambition to spend more time speaking, writing, tasting and judging in the wider world of wine”.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future