UK: Direct Wines appoints Waitrose wine chief
Direct Wines has appointed the head of wine for Waitrose as its new global wine director.
Justin Howard-Sneyd will take up the role at the end of February and will be responsible for Direct Wines' portfolio across its various international businesses, including its largest UK brand, Laithwaites Wine.
Direct Wines chief executive, Simon McMurtrie, said: "I am delighted that Justin is joining our global executive team. His appointment will strengthen and build on the success of the existing team."
Howard-Sneyd will take over from Dan Snook who is leaving Direct Wines to relocate to France, where he has taken the role of managing director for a Bordeaux negociant.
McMurtrie added: "I am very grateful for all Dan's hard work and commitment during the last 18 months. The improvements to our wine range and the regard in which we are now held by the wider wine world are a tribute to his efforts."
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018