SOUTH AFRICA: Direct wine marketer net profits exceed expectations
Colin Collard, MD said the turnover of R46m for the year ended in February, had surpassed management#;s expectations for a second year in a row.
He attributed this success to a steady growth in members, now standing at 23,000 regulars, and a continued improvement in efficiencies.
The upgrading of the company#;s IT systems two years ago, including the installation of an Oracle database and sophisticated customer relationships marketing solutions (CRM) was now generating benefits. Through proper utilisation of its database and CRM has provided better profiling of its members, allowing the company to sell to the right people at the right time, said Collard.
Wine-of-the-Month Club was now gearing itself to auctioning wine online. Its website was being re-designed to make it more attractive and user friendly.
Collard said the company had not yet started pushing web-based wine sales. These only accounted for less than 5% of sales, but he expected this to grow steadily in the next three to five years and had not even included them in projections for the next financial year.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends