SOUTH AFRICA: Direct wine marketer net profits exceed expectations
Colin Collard, MD said the turnover of R46m for the year ended in February, had surpassed management#;s expectations for a second year in a row.
He attributed this success to a steady growth in members, now standing at 23,000 regulars, and a continued improvement in efficiencies.
The upgrading of the company#;s IT systems two years ago, including the installation of an Oracle database and sophisticated customer relationships marketing solutions (CRM) was now generating benefits. Through proper utilisation of its database and CRM has provided better profiling of its members, allowing the company to sell to the right people at the right time, said Collard.
Wine-of-the-Month Club was now gearing itself to auctioning wine online. Its website was being re-designed to make it more attractive and user friendly.
Collard said the company had not yet started pushing web-based wine sales. These only accounted for less than 5% of sales, but he expected this to grow steadily in the next three to five years and had not even included them in projections for the next financial year.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory