US: Diet Pepsi pushes new design and taste message
At the same time, Diet Pepsi has undergone a "slightly more masculine" makeover. The new look, unveiled yesterday (3 May), combines a redesigned blue and silve can with a different font and logo.
The advertising campaign, meanwhile, will run on both national television and radio, communicating the "more cola taste" message.
Pepsi employees marked the revamp yesterday by handing out around 3m samples of the newly-designed cans in cities throughout the US.
PepsiCo noted that, as part of the giveaway, a blindfolded taste-test resulted in the majority of consumers choosing Diet Pepsi as the brand with more cola taste than the competition.
Pepsi-Cola North America chief marketing officer Cie Nicholson said: "We've always believed that Diet Pepsi had more cola taste than the other diet cola brand and now there's proof. We're shining the light on this one basic, yet incredibly important fact in an ad campaign reminding people about the great taste of Diet Pepsi."
The initiative follows the company's recent plans to add Diet Pepsi Max to its diet CSD portfolio. The zero-calorie cola, available nationwide next month, contains extra caffeine and a hint of ginseng, and will be offered in 20-ounce and two-litre bottles as well as in 12-packs of 12-ounce cans.
Unilever has insisted it is "confident" of meeting its full-year financial targets despite restructruring charges hitting quarterly profits....
Japanese Coke bottler Coca-Cola Central Japan Co. has posted a 39.1% increase in net profit for the first nine months of the year to JPY2.57bn (US$22.4m)....
Investment bank Citigroup has raised its rating of Coca-Cola Enterprises to "buy" from "hold"....
A plant operated by South African Coke bottler Coca-Cola ABI in Phoenix, north of Durban, was subject to an armed robbery on Wednesday (31 October), according to a police report....
Starbucks and PepsiCo have entered the Chinese RTD market....
The Purple Beverage Co. has appointed the former Pizza Hut and Pepsi-Cola boss as its new marketing advisor....
Global bottled water consumption has continued to increase, with Asia/Australasia and North America leading the markets, according to a recent report....
PepsiAmericas has posted a lift in operating income for its third quarter, on the back of rising sales....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends