US: Diet Coke with Splenda gets national roll-out
Coca-Cola North America is poised to roll-out a new addition to its Diet Coke range. The company said yesterday (11 May) that Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda Brand Sweetener will be available at retail across the US by Monday (16 May).
'Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda Brand Sweetener,' as Coke refers to the beverage, is the seventh Diet Coke line extension, which includes the flagship Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Lime, Diet Coke with Lemon, Diet Cherry Coke and Diet Vanilla Coke.
"We know that many people are passionate about the sweet and intense taste of Splenda Brand Sweetener," said Caren Pasquale Seckler, director, Diet Coke Brands, Coca-Cola North America. "This product answers a very specific consumer demand. We think consumers who prefer Splenda will love Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda Brand Sweetener."
Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda Brand Sweetener will feature a blend of Splenda and acesulfame potassium (ace-k). It will be available in a range of package sizes, including 20-ounce, 1-litre, 2-litre, 12-ounce cans/multipacks.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends