US: Diet Coke overtakes Pepsi in US
Diet Coke controls a 9.9% share of the US CSD market
Diet Coke has superseded Pepsi as the second most popular carbonated soft drink (CSD) in the US last year behind Coca-Cola, according to data from Beverage Digest.
The report, published yesterday (17 March), revealed that Pepsi lost a 0.4% share in the country in 2010, falling to a 9.5% share of the category, in volume terms. Diet Coke now accounts for 9.9% of the US CSD market, while Coke leads, with 17% share.
The result gives The Coca-Cola Co the top two most popular soft drinks volumes-wise in the US for the first time, the report stated.
Coca-Cola experienced a decline in its total CSD volumes of 0.5% in 2010, an improvement on 2009 when volumes were down by 3.9%. PepsiCo's overall CSD volumes were down by 4.8%, around the same as its 5% decline in 2009.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group posted a CSD volume increase of 1.4% in 2010.
Click here to view the full report.
PepsiCo has increased its presence in emerging markets after completing its acquisition of Wimm-Bill-Dann....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends