US: Diego Zamora moves Licor 43 from Wm Grant to WJ Deutsch
Diego Zamora has lined up a switch of US distributor for its Licor 43 brand, from William Grant & Sons to W.J. Deutsch & Sons.
The Spanish company confirmed yesterday (22 December) that it will change distributors with effect from 1 March. Diego Zamora is looking to “consolidate its nationally-marketed brands with one importer in the US”, while William Grant “continues to focus its portfolio on high-end, super-premium spirits brands”, the two firms said.
“The work William Grant & Sons has done to grow Licor 43 … has established a great foundation for the brand and we are excited for the next phase in the life cycle of the brand, as we consolidate our efforts in the US with one partner,” said Emilio Restoy Cabrera, MD of Diego Zamora.
Peter Deutsch, CEO of W.J. Deutsch, added: “We have worked closely with Emilio and his team to grow Villa Massa Limoncello and Ramón Bilbao wines, and we are very excited about our new partnership to help Licor 43 reach its full potential in the US.”
William Grant began distributing Licor 43 in the US in 1994.
Produced in Cartagena in south-east Spain, Licor 43 draws its name from the 43 Mediterranean herbs and fruits from which it is produced.
This week, Pernod Ricard is hosting members of the media and the analyst community in Scotland for two days as it presents a capital markets day on Wednesday (30 May). Ahead of the trip, just-drinks l...
Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles is moving the distribution of Charles Heidsieck Champagne in the UK to Liberty Wines Ltd from 1 June....
William Grant & Sons has switched distributors in Germany for its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research