SPAIN: Diego Zamora appoints duty-free director
Diego Zamora is targeting the travel retail channel for future growth
Spanish wines and spirits company Diego Zamora Group has appointed Antony Kime to the newly-created position of global duty-free director.
In his new role Kime will report to Diego Zamora managing director international Thomas Clamens. Kime was previously Europe, Middle East & Africa travel-retail business manager for Beam Inc, a position he assumed in early-2012.
Diego Zamora’s flagship brand Licor 43 liqueur has extensive travel-retail distribution in Europe and Latin America, but Kime is also charged with growing sales of the company’s other priority brands: Villa Massa limoncello and Spanish wineries Rámon Bibao and Mar de Frades.
Clamens has more than doubled the strength of Diego Zamora’s international team to 36 since joining the company last June. The company’s target is to make Licor 43 a 1m-case brand.
In July last year, the firm said that its sales in calendar 2012 rose by 9.1% year-on-year, reaching EUR124m (US$159.3m).
Global Business Travelers’ Airport Retail Trends, 2013–2014
“Global Business Travelers’ Airport Retail Trends, 2013–2014” is a new report by Canadean that analyzes trends in airport retail and explores how opportunities and demand are set to change in 2013–201...read more
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat