UK: Diageo's Walsh confirmed as new Compass chairman
Walsh leaves Diageo next month after 13 years as CEO
Outgoing Diageo CEO Paul Walsh will join catering group Compass as chairman from next year, it has been confirmed.
Following press reports last weekend, Compass annnounced today (20 June) that Walsh will replace Sir Roy Gardner in the non-executive role from 6 February. Walsh will become a non-executive director of the firm on 1 Janaury.
For Diageo, Walsh, who has been CEO for the last 13 years, will officially hand over the reins to his replacement Ivan Menezes on 1 July. However, he will spend a year assisting with the transition, Diageo has said.
Walsh also holds non-exec director posts at FedEx, Unilever and Avanti Communications Group.
Sir Ian Robinson, senior independent director of Compass, said: "His experience leading one of the UK's largest international companies through a period of significant global expansion makes him an excellent choice, and we look forward to his valuable contribution to the business."
Walsh said: "I'm delighted to have this exciting opportunity at such a world class company. I look forward to working with Richard Cousins and my new colleagues on the board and to making a significant contribution to the business."
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends