UK: Diageo's Walsh confirmed as new Compass chairman
Walsh leaves Diageo next month after 13 years as CEO
Outgoing Diageo CEO Paul Walsh will join catering group Compass as chairman from next year, it has been confirmed.
Following press reports last weekend, Compass annnounced today (20 June) that Walsh will replace Sir Roy Gardner in the non-executive role from 6 February. Walsh will become a non-executive director of the firm on 1 Janaury.
For Diageo, Walsh, who has been CEO for the last 13 years, will officially hand over the reins to his replacement Ivan Menezes on 1 July. However, he will spend a year assisting with the transition, Diageo has said.
Walsh also holds non-exec director posts at FedEx, Unilever and Avanti Communications Group.
Sir Ian Robinson, senior independent director of Compass, said: "His experience leading one of the UK's largest international companies through a period of significant global expansion makes him an excellent choice, and we look forward to his valuable contribution to the business."
Walsh said: "I'm delighted to have this exciting opportunity at such a world class company. I look forward to working with Richard Cousins and my new colleagues on the board and to making a significant contribution to the business."
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research