Product Launch - EUROPE: Diageo's The Singleton of Dufftown Sunray, Tailfire
Diageo's The Singleton of Dufftown Tailfire and Sunray
Diageo's The Singleton of Dufftown Sunray, Tailfire
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, both 40% abv
Available - Since May
Location - Western Europe
Price - In UK, Sunray GBP36 (US$60), Tailfire GBP33. Both in 70cl bottles
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has released two permanent additions to its The Singleton single malt Scotch whisky range. Sunray and Tailfire were both released in May in Western European markets including Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland and The UK.
Neither expression carries an age statement.
Sunray has been matured in “a higher proportion” of toasted Bourbon casks, while Tailfire has been matured in “a higher proportion” of European oak casks.
The Singleton of Dufftown Single Malt Scotch Whisky is adding two new, vibrant and exciting variants to its existing range, Diageo has announced. Whilst keeping the smooth, rich nature of The Singleton of Dufftown, both Tailfire and Sunray have been created using specially selected casks to enhance particular elements of the flavour profile of this classic Speyside malt whisky.
We want to inspire a new generation of whisky drinkers by putting flavour at the heart of everything we do and continuing our quest to create amazing tasting whiskies.
TAILFIRE has a vibrant and enticing character, which comes from maturation in a higher proportion of European oak casks specially selected to enhance the juicy red berry freshness and sweet aromas of vanilla and fresh cut grass. This variant is available in both grocery and whisky specialist stores in a number of markets in Western Europe including: UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark, and Germany. The Recommended Retail Price of TAILFIRE in the UK market is £33.
The smooth yet intense character of SUNRAY comes from maturation in a higher proportion of toasted Bourbon casks specially selected to deliver a honeyed, vanilla sweetness with aromas of blackcurrant and baked apple. SUNRAY is only available exclusively to whisky specialists across a number of markets in Western Europe: UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Denmark. The Recommended Retail Price of SUNRAY in the UK market is £36.
Colourful packaging indicative of the taste profile, and clear flavour descriptors have been chosen to facilitate the demystification of single malt whisky, a category with historically fewer younger consumers. We want to clearly communicate what flavours people can expect to enjoy.
TAILFIRE and SUNRAY have both been created by Diageo Master Blender, Dr Matthew Crow.
Matthew comments, “I am immensely proud of these two single malts. TAILFIRE and SUNRAY embody the future of whisky, and have been created to inspire a new generation of whisky drinkers. The Singleton is a much loved Speyside whisky, and has always put great taste and flavour at the heart of their single malts.”
The names TAILFIRE and SUNRAY are derived from the names of salmon flies, inspired by the world of our icon, the leaping salmon and fly fishing near our home on the River Spey. The names are colourful, vibrant and interesting whilst also being indicative of the flavour profile of each whisky.
TAILFIRE and SUNRAY join The Singleton family alongside the 12, 15 and 18 year old expressions.
- A vibrant evocation of Dufftown’s fruity character with notes of fresh red berries and sweet vanilla aromas. Best enjoyed with a dash of water
- Nose: instant sweetness, ripe red berry fruit – strawberries, stewed plums and raspberry jam, vibrant cut grass emerges with rounded maltiness, giving way to vanilla and toasted oak
- Palate: notes of malt and green grass soften quickly with the richness of the fruit with a hint of spice amongst the sweet oak notes
- Finish: sweet with slightly drying oak and a creamy hint of coconut
- ABV: 40%
- A smooth and elegant example of Dufftown’s honeyed intensity, golden and rich on the palate with notes of blackcurrant and heather honey on the nose
- Nose: incredibly soft, starting deep with demerara sugar and baked apple heather honey rises with floral top notes, blackcurrant and bramble striking the balance with soft malt
- Palate: sweet and rounded, soft spice builds amongst the fruit
- Finish: sweet, with blackcurrants and vanilla
- ABV: 40%
Original source: Company Release
Yesterday, Diageo reported a lift in full-year net profits on flat sales and dipping volumes. Here just-drinks takes a look at the performance of the group's brands:...
Earlier today, Diageo reported a lift in full-year net profits on flat sales and dipping volumes. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets