Product Launch - GLOBAL: Diageo’s Tanqueray Malacca
Click through to view Diageo’s Tanqueray Malacca
Category - Spirits, gin, 40% abv
Available - From next month, limited to 100,000 bottles
Location - US, Spain, Germany, UK, Benelux, the Nordics and Western Europe, on-trade only
Price - Not specified, available in 1-litre bottles
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo is set to re-launch Tanqueray Malacca in the global on-trade. The extension of the Tanqueray gin brand was initially available for a short time in the early-2000s.
Tanqueray Malacca is a spiced liqueur created from a blend of botanicals and spices, Diageo said.
Diageo is re-launching Tanqueray Malacca following popular demand from bartenders around the world. Exclusively for sale to a trade audience, only 100,000 limited edition bottles will be produced worldwide. They will be available on-trade from February 2013.
The recipe for a spiced liqueur was developed in 1839 during the days of the company’s Far Eastern trade and was recorded in Charles Tanqueray’s journals. While travelling across Europe and the East Indies Charles Tanqueray hand selected the finest botanicals and spices to create this unique blend. Today, we celebrate his craft with Tanqueray Malacca Gin, a blend of the finest botanicals and spices from around the world.
Tanqueray Malacca was sold briefly in the US in the early 2000s and since production ceased many bartenders have called for its return. The re-launch is a direct response to the industry’s requests.
In reviving Tanqueray Malacca Tom Nichol has become the custodian for the gin and the only person privy to the recipe. He said, “Since announcing the return of Tanqueray Malacca we’ve witnessed real excitement among bartenders who are keen to get their hands on this unique limited edition gin. I’ve been asked many times over the years for this gin to be brought back by Tanqueray and I’m pleased to now be making that happen.”
Global Ambassador for Tanqueray Gin and top bartender Angus Winchester commented, “Tanqueray Malacca is a gin like no other and it’s great to see it back in market. I know I’ll be vying for a few bottles and I encourage bartenders to try out this distinctive blend for themselves. If you’re looking for something new and exciting to experiment with behind your bar you will find it in Tanqueray Malacca gin. A simple but great serve is the Tanqueray Pegu or try it out as a unique twist to a classic gin cocktail.”
Official launch events hosted by Tom Nichol will take place in February in New York, San Francisco and London at secret locations. Diageo Reserve Brand representatives are set to share further details across the coming weeks.
Tanqueray Malacca will be available for sale in the US, Spain, Germany, UK, Benelux, the Nordics and Western Europe from February 2013. Each of the 100,000 bottles will be individually numbered. Speak with a local Diageo Reserve Brand representative for purchase details.
Tanqueray Malacca will be available for sale in the US, Spain, Germany, UK, Benelux, the Nordics and Western Europe from February 2013.
Original source: Company Release
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research