Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo's Talisker Dark Storm
Click through to view Diageo's Talisker Dark Storm
Diageo's Talisker Dark Storm
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 45.8% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Travel retail, exclusively, across Asia, Europe and the Middle East
Price - GBP42 (US$64.60) per bottle
Distribution - Diageo
The travel retail division of Diageo has lined up the launch of another expression from its Talisker single malt Scotch whisky. Talisker Dark Storm is the “smokiest whisky” produced at the Talisker distillery on the Isle of Skye.
The variant joins Talisker Storm, which was launched across Europe earlier this year, in the whisky's portfolio.
Diageo, the maker of Talisker Single Malt Scotch Whisky, today revealed a new expression of its world-famous scotch – Talisker Dark Storm™, the smokiest whisky produced by the remote island distillery.
Crafted on the rugged Isle of Skye on the windswept Atlantic coast of Scotland, and matured in deep charred oak casks for extra spice and smoke, Talisker Dark Storm is a new Travel Retail exclusive, bottled at 45.8% ABV.
Speaking at the launch of the new variant Steve White, Diageo Marketing Director Global Travel & Middle East, said: “Talisker Dark Storm is an incredible new flavour-offering from one of the world’s best known and most loved Scotch Whiskies.
“It’s a Single Malt that captures the untamed spirit of a full-blown storm at sea. It is intense and powerfully flavoured, a whisky that offers an element of ‘rugged luxury’ to today’s travellers - adventurers and whisky connoisseurs alike.
“We know that shoppers in the Travel Retail channel are looking for innovative new flavour experiences that they can’t get anywhere else and Talisker Dark Storm meets that need perfectly. This is the kind of discovery that they will be keen to share.”
Talisker Dark Storm is a powerful and intense flavour experience.
- Colour: Deep amber
- Aroma: On the nose, a salty and smoky edge, that evokes the sea-washed rocks of its homeland, combines with hints of aromatic spices and oak, developing into the sweetness of stewed applies
- Palate: Exceedingly smooth and sweet, with an intense, vibrant combination of fresh fruits, blackcurrants and liquorice slowly disappearing to allow a tempest of rich smoky aromatic spice flavours to come to the fore
- Finish: Warm, lingering and powerfully smoky
Talisker whiskies have been crafted beside the shores of Loch Harport on the Isle of Skye since 1830 and possess an unparalleled maritime character. It is this character and the wild coastal beauty of Skye that has inspired the creation of Talisker Dark Storm.
“Talisker Dark Storm is an intense new whisky experience,” commented White. “One that we believe will capture the imagination of consumers, drive purchase and deliver fantastic results for our customers.
“It is a whisky that is true to the Talisker house style but takes its trademark intensity to a whole new level – it is like a whole new ocean of flavour.”
The supremely rich flavours of Talisker Dark Storm are the result of careful cask selection - the heavily charred oak in which the whisky has matured ensuring an inimitable spiciness and distinctive smoky character.
Priced from GBP42.00 Talisker Dark Storm is available in 1L bottles in Travel Retail outlets across Asia, Europe and the Middle East from June 2013.
Original source: Company Release
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends