Product Launch - GLOBAL: Diageo's Talisker 30 Year Old
Diageo's Talisker 30 Year Old Scotch whisky
Category - Single malt Scotch whisky, limited edition, natural cask strength, 53.1% abv
Available - October, around 3,000 bottles
Location - Global, specialist retailers
Price - GBP215 (US$342) per bottle
Distribution - Diageo
The launch is one of several single malt Scotch "special releases" by Diageo this autumn.
The special releases will be made available in 15 markets across North America and Europe, as well as duty free, from this month, although Diageo said that not all whiskies will be available in all markets. It did not give further details.
Other single malt Scotch special releases from Diageo this autumn include:
- 3,000 bottles of Brora 30 Year Old priced at GBP300 per bottle. Brora distillery closed in 1983
- 6,000 bottles of Benrinnes 23 Year Old priced at GBP150 per bottle
- 5,900 bottles of Port Ellen 30 Year Old Islay whisky priced at GBP280 per bottle. The distillery closed in 1983
- Circa 6,000 bottles of Talisker 25 Year Old priced at GBP150 per bottle
- 6,000 bottles of Pittyvaich 20 Year Old price at GBP115 per bottle. Distillery closed in 1993
- 2,600 bottles of Mannochmore 18 Year Old at GBP105 per bottle
- 6,000 bottles of unpeated Caol Ila 10 Year Old at GBP48 per bottle
- Limited quantities of Lagavulin 12 Year Old at GBP57 per bottle
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn is planning to expand in the US after reporting strong sales for its beer both in the UK and abroad in 2009....
Diageo and Heineken last week officially opened a brewery in South Africa as part of a joint venture. Here are some facts on the ZAR3.5bn (US$473m) brewery....
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research