US: Diageo's Sterling Vineyards enlists consultant Paul Hobbs
Wine consultant Paul Hobbs is to advise at Diageo's Sterling Vineyards
Diageo-owned Sterling Vineyards has signed consultant Paul Hobbs to help grow the Napa Valley winery.
The move was anounced by Sterling yesterday (12 April). Hobbs will work with Sterling's senior winemaker Harry Hansen, who said that Hobbs will assist with the launch of Sterling Reserve wine Platinum.
“Our business continues to grow, and we are committed to furthering that momentum by ensuring we have the best talent in the industry,” said Greg Kryder, president of Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines.
Hobbs has twice been named Robert Parker’s Wine Personality of the Year and runs projects in 20 wineries around the world.
This has been a special year for Bacardi. The Bermuda-based company has been celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2012. Here, Aridj Jaber from Spirit Hosting highlights how the firm used the occasion ...
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015