US: Diageo's Sterling Vineyards enlists consultant Paul Hobbs
Wine consultant Paul Hobbs is to advise at Diageo's Sterling Vineyards
Diageo-owned Sterling Vineyards has signed consultant Paul Hobbs to help grow the Napa Valley winery.
The move was anounced by Sterling yesterday (12 April). Hobbs will work with Sterling's senior winemaker Harry Hansen, who said that Hobbs will assist with the launch of Sterling Reserve wine Platinum.
“Our business continues to grow, and we are committed to furthering that momentum by ensuring we have the best talent in the industry,” said Greg Kryder, president of Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines.
Hobbs has twice been named Robert Parker’s Wine Personality of the Year and runs projects in 20 wineries around the world.
This has been a special year for Bacardi. The Bermuda-based company has been celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2012. Here, Aridj Jaber from Spirit Hosting highlights how the firm used the occasion ...
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future