Product Launch - RUSSIA: Diageo's Smirnov Titul
Click through to see Diageo's Smirnov Titul
Diageo's Smirnov Titul
Category - Spirits, vodka, 40% abv
Available - From early-April
Location - Russia, initially in selected off- and on-trade outlets in Saint Petersburg, “with potential for further expansion as the brand develops”
Price - Around RUB400 (US$14) per 50cl bottle
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has trumpeted the launch of Smirnov Titul as an assault on the super-premium vodka sector in Russia. The company said that it is “now seeing signs of Russian consumers starting to trade up within the (vodka) category.
“The super-premium vodka category has grown in value by 9% in the last six months,” Diageo said.
The variant will be produced in Saint Petersburg by Ladoga.
Diageo has digested its deal to acquire Turkey's leading spirits company, Mey Icki, and the move gives it important new weight in Europe....
Diageo has kissed and made up with analysts after producing a solid set of full-year results and some pretty bullish guidance on years to come. Here, just-drinks takes you through the market reaction....
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"