Product Launch - US: Diageo's Smirnoff Sorbet Light range
Click through to view Diageo's Smirnoff Sorbet Light extensions
Category - Spirits, vodka, flavoured, 30% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$15.99 per 75cl bottle
Diageo has launched an extension to its Smirnoff vodka brand, aimed at women looking for fewer calories in their cocktails.
Smirnoff Sorbet Light will be available in the US in three flavours: Raspberry Pomegranate, Mango Passion Fruit and Lemon, Diageo said today (5 March). The range has 25% fewer calories than "the leading dessert-inspired flavored vodkas", the company said.
In December, Diageo said the Chinese market will play a role in the company's vodka growth, despite competition from local white spirits.
Putting a spin on the flavored vodka category, SMIRNOFF® is making a splash with a new-to-market light and delicious line of vodka specialties, infused with natural flavors: SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light. SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light ups the ante with three fresh flavors inspired by the sweet, icy and light taste of sorbet. This new line of vodkas are all 78 calories per 1.5 oz. serving and create scrumptious, light-tasting cocktails.
Beginning with SMIRNOFF No. 21 Vodka, the world’s best-selling vodka, SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light is infused with the natural flavoring of fresh-tasting berries, tart pomegranates, luscious mangos, juicy passion fruits and zesty lemons creating three unique vodka specialties: SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Raspberry Pomegranate, SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Mango Passion Fruit and SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Lemon. With this brilliantly delicious and guilt-free line up, the best way to enjoy SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light is in good company and of course, responsibly.
“SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light is the next flavor experience for those women who strive to lead a balanced lifestyle, but never at the expense of delicious cocktails,” said Sandhya Padmanabhan, Brand Manager for SMIRNOFF. “Today’s multifaceted woman inspired SMIRNOFF to think differently and create a product that would make guilt free, delectable drinks that truly embody the refreshingly light taste of sorbet.”
SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light breaks the mold of traditional flavored vodkas by offering an incredibly tasty reduced calorie spirit that has 25% fewer calories than the leading dessert-inspired flavored vodkas. SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light delivers refreshing flavors and lighter tasting cocktails that don’t taste like they are a sacrifice.
Experience the deliciously light and fresh taste experience SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light brings to cocktails with a cocktail recipe for any summer occasion. From jasmine tea, coconut water and fresh-tasting juices to mint, cilantro and ginger, these flavors pair perfectly with an array of mixers and fresh ingredients to inspire endless drink creations. Try the SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Berry Cosmo when opening your night to the unexpected; the SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Tropical Martini for those much needed nights in; and SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Lemon Pomegranate Punch while going big at brunch.
Original source: Company Release
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future