Product Launch - US: Diageo's Smirnoff Sorbet Light range
Click through to view Diageo's Smirnoff Sorbet Light extensions
Category - Spirits, vodka, flavoured, 30% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$15.99 per 75cl bottle
Diageo has launched an extension to its Smirnoff vodka brand, aimed at women looking for fewer calories in their cocktails.
Smirnoff Sorbet Light will be available in the US in three flavours: Raspberry Pomegranate, Mango Passion Fruit and Lemon, Diageo said today (5 March). The range has 25% fewer calories than "the leading dessert-inspired flavored vodkas", the company said.
In December, Diageo said the Chinese market will play a role in the company's vodka growth, despite competition from local white spirits.
Putting a spin on the flavored vodka category, SMIRNOFF® is making a splash with a new-to-market light and delicious line of vodka specialties, infused with natural flavors: SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light. SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light ups the ante with three fresh flavors inspired by the sweet, icy and light taste of sorbet. This new line of vodkas are all 78 calories per 1.5 oz. serving and create scrumptious, light-tasting cocktails.
Beginning with SMIRNOFF No. 21 Vodka, the world’s best-selling vodka, SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light is infused with the natural flavoring of fresh-tasting berries, tart pomegranates, luscious mangos, juicy passion fruits and zesty lemons creating three unique vodka specialties: SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Raspberry Pomegranate, SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Mango Passion Fruit and SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Lemon. With this brilliantly delicious and guilt-free line up, the best way to enjoy SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light is in good company and of course, responsibly.
“SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light is the next flavor experience for those women who strive to lead a balanced lifestyle, but never at the expense of delicious cocktails,” said Sandhya Padmanabhan, Brand Manager for SMIRNOFF. “Today’s multifaceted woman inspired SMIRNOFF to think differently and create a product that would make guilt free, delectable drinks that truly embody the refreshingly light taste of sorbet.”
SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light breaks the mold of traditional flavored vodkas by offering an incredibly tasty reduced calorie spirit that has 25% fewer calories than the leading dessert-inspired flavored vodkas. SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light delivers refreshing flavors and lighter tasting cocktails that don’t taste like they are a sacrifice.
Experience the deliciously light and fresh taste experience SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light brings to cocktails with a cocktail recipe for any summer occasion. From jasmine tea, coconut water and fresh-tasting juices to mint, cilantro and ginger, these flavors pair perfectly with an array of mixers and fresh ingredients to inspire endless drink creations. Try the SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Berry Cosmo when opening your night to the unexpected; the SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Tropical Martini for those much needed nights in; and SMIRNOFF Sorbet Light Lemon Pomegranate Punch while going big at brunch.
Original source: Company Release
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research