Product Launch - US: Diageo's Smirnoff Ice Black
Click through to view Diageo's Smirnoff Ice Black
Category - FMB, 8% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$1.69 per 16oz can and $2.69 per 23.5oz can
Smirnoff Ice Black is the third offering in Smirnoff's line of flavoured malt beverages (FMB), joining Smirnoff Ice and Smirnoff Premium Malt Mixed Drinks. It will be available in lemon lime, fruit punch and watermelon flavours.
The company is hoping to steal market share from the beer category with the new product during the summer.
"Smirnoff Ice Black flavoured malt beverages … are noticeably different from products traditionally launched by the brand," said Heather Boyd, brand director for progressive adult beverages at Diageo-Guinness USA. "These differences cater to and resonate with legal drinking age adult males that are looking for more bold and flavourful alternatives when it comes to beer.”
Distribution for the 16oz cans is limited to Iowa, Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Oregon, New Mexico and Alabama.
You'll have seen, I'm sure, the wave upon wave of Diageo-related speculation in recent months regarding the company's relationships with both the owners of Jose Cuervo Tequila and India's United Spiri...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?