Product Launch - AUS: Diageo's Smirnoff Honey
Click through to view an image of Smirnoff Honey
Category - Spirits, vodka, flavoured
Available - Launched late May
Location - Australia
Price - Full strength bottle spirit (37.5% abv): AUD39.99; RTD (9%) AUD19.99; ready-to-serve (5%) AUD23.99.
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has launched a new honey flavoured offshoot of its Smirnoff vodka brand in Australia.
The new variant, launched last week, is avaiable in three formats: a full strength bottle spirit (37.5% abv); a RTD version (9%) and ready-to-serve (5%). The group said it is "tapping into the local trend for honey-flavoured beverages", claiming it is the first "large scale" honey vodka in the country.
At the same time, the company is rolling out its Smirnoff Coconut variant in Australia, first launched in the US in 2011.
"These new flavours will be the first in a rotating flavours pipeline for Smirnoff Australia," Diageo added.
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil