Product Launch - AUS: Diageo's Smirnoff Honey
Click through to view an image of Smirnoff Honey
Category - Spirits, vodka, flavoured
Available - Launched late May
Location - Australia
Price - Full strength bottle spirit (37.5% abv): AUD39.99; RTD (9%) AUD19.99; ready-to-serve (5%) AUD23.99.
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has launched a new honey flavoured offshoot of its Smirnoff vodka brand in Australia.
The new variant, launched last week, is avaiable in three formats: a full strength bottle spirit (37.5% abv); a RTD version (9%) and ready-to-serve (5%). The group said it is "tapping into the local trend for honey-flavoured beverages", claiming it is the first "large scale" honey vodka in the country.
At the same time, the company is rolling out its Smirnoff Coconut variant in Australia, first launched in the US in 2011.
"These new flavours will be the first in a rotating flavours pipeline for Smirnoff Australia," Diageo added.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Beer in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO