Product Launch - AUS: Diageo's Smirnoff Honey
Click through to view an image of Smirnoff Honey
Category - Spirits, vodka, flavoured
Available - Launched late May
Location - Australia
Price - Full strength bottle spirit (37.5% abv): AUD39.99; RTD (9%) AUD19.99; ready-to-serve (5%) AUD23.99.
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has launched a new honey flavoured offshoot of its Smirnoff vodka brand in Australia.
The new variant, launched last week, is avaiable in three formats: a full strength bottle spirit (37.5% abv); a RTD version (9%) and ready-to-serve (5%). The group said it is "tapping into the local trend for honey-flavoured beverages", claiming it is the first "large scale" honey vodka in the country.
At the same time, the company is rolling out its Smirnoff Coconut variant in Australia, first launched in the US in 2011.
"These new flavours will be the first in a rotating flavours pipeline for Smirnoff Australia," Diageo added.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends