Product Launch - UK: Diageo's Smirnoff Apple Bite
Click through to view Diageo's Smirnoff Apple Bite
Category - Spirits, vodka, pre-mix, apple and lemonade, 6.4% abv
Available - From mid-August
Location - UK, nation-wide; later rollout across Western Europe
Price - SRP of GBP1.90 (US$3) per 25cl can
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has launched a pre-mix Smirnoff vodka can into the UK market ahead of a wider European rollout.
Smirnoff Apple Bite is a blend of Smirnoff vodka, lemonade and apple juice, Diageo said this week. It hits UK shelves at the same time as Smirnoff Gold, which the producer said yesterday is being launched in the country after first being introduced in travel retail.
Smirnoff Apple Bite will launch in other Western Europe markets next month, Diageo said.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller