Product Launch - EUROPE: Diageo's Ron Zacapa Reserva Limitada
Click through to view Diageo's Ron Zacapa Reserva Limitada
Diageo's Ron Zacapa Reserva Limitada
Category - Spirits, rum, Guatemala, 45% abv
Available - Since last month
Location - France, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Spain, the UK, Switzerland, Italy, the Nordics and Benelux
Price - SRP of EUR75 (US$103) per 75cl bottle
Distribution – Diageo
Diageo has lined up a limited edition line extension for the Zacapa rum brand. The company, which holds a 50% stake in Zacapa's Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala, said earlier this week that Ron Zacapa Reserva Limitada marks the first release in its annual series of rum blends that will be selected by the rums master blender.
The 2013 expression comprises rums aged between six and 24 years old.
Ron Zacapa, the world’s leading ultra-premium rum, is pleased to announce the launch of Reserva Limitada, a special limited edition blend. A perfect blend of tradition and the artisanal aging process, Reserva Limitada 2013 is an exceptional rum for discerning connoisseurs. A new vintage of Reserva Limitada with a different proprietary blend of rums hand selected by Master Blender Lorena Vasquez will be released each year.
For Reserva Limitada 2013, Lorena has selected a variety of reserve rums with different characteristics and ages, between 6 and 24 years, to develop this bespoke blend noted for the intense mahogany colour, complexity and smoothness of flavour. Using the Sistema Solera ageing process, based on a centuries-old Spanish method of ageing sherries, Lorena slowly blends rums of different ages in a sequence of barrels which previously held American whiskies, sweet sherries and fine Pedro Ximenez wines. The sublime complexity of Reserva Limitada 2013 is created in the final stage by ageing the rum for a second time in sherry and charred American white oak casks, delivering a unique flavor and aroma.
The complexity of the flavor is deeply rooted in its provenance and the skilled attention to detail, which goes into every aspect of its production. From the sugar cane of the volcano-shadowed lowlands, to an ageing process that takes place 2,300 meters above sea level, to the traditional Guatemalan hand woven petate band that adorns each bottle, every aspect of the Reserva Limitada production takes place under the watchful eye of its Master Blender.
- Body: Silky, covering the mouth
- Nose: Multi-layered aromas of chocolate, roasted nuts, caramelized dried fruits, toffee, vanilla, raisins, wood and dry citrus notes
- Palate: Complex, balanced, it is soft and gentle on the senses
- Finish: A long and satisfying finish, covering the palate
Zacapa rums are available in fine liquor stores, premium bars and restaurants around the world.
Original source: Company Release
After 18 years in Latin America, Laurent Pillet moved to sub-Saharan Africa in 2011 to head up Pernod Ricard's operations in the region. At the French company's Capital Markets Day this week, just-dri...
Earlier today (2 June), brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. Here's a look at 'The Power 100', along with t...
Yesterday (29 May), Diageo announced its intention to spend US$115m on a new whiskey distillery in the US. Here, we look at the company's existing production footprint in the country....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017