Product Launch - US: Diageo's Qream
Click through to see the two Qream bottles
Category - Spirits, flavoured cream liqueur, vodka-based, 12.5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nationwide
Price - RRP of US$29.99 per bottle
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has teamed up with musician Pharrell Williams to create Qream for the US market. Williams was “instrumental” in the development of the product, from the taste and bottle design to the marketing and advertising.
Qream, which will be targeted at North American women, will be available in two flavours, Strawberry Crème and Peach Crème. It is 99% lactose free.
A series of events to mark the launch will be hosted by Pharrell in Los Angeles, New York and Miami from this month.
The tie-up with Pharell echoes Diageo's relationship with rapper Sean Combs for the Ciroc vodka brand, formed back in 2007.
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
Diageo is to press ahead with a scaled-down restructuring of its brewing operations in Ireland by spending EUR153m (US$195m) to rejuvenate St James's Gate and announcing plans to close its Dundalk and...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends