UK: Diageo's Paul Walsh takes Avanti role
Paul Walsh has become a non-executive director at Avanti, further widening his reach beyond the CEO seat at Diageo.
Walsh took up his position at Avanti yesterday (3 January), said the satellite communications firm. The move means that 56-year-old Walsh now sits on three boards aside from his CEO role at Diageo.
He is also a non-executive director at FedEx Corp and Unilever. Speculation has mounted in recent months about how long Walsh will retain his CEO post at Diageo, a position he has held since 2000.
Specifically, he has been linked in media reports with the future non-executive chairmanship of Unilever.
In the whisky category, it would appear that, while the big are getting bigger, the small are getting... more proliferative. This month, Ian Buxton considers the boom in craft distillers and flags up ...
These days, mergers and acquisitions appear to be the main ways to own a big spirits brand. Patience Gould, for one, misses the days of building a brand from scratch. Is nurture no more?...
Diageo confirmed yesterday (6 June) that it will invest heavily in its Scotch whisky production capabilities going forward....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages