UK: Diageo's Paul Walsh offloads more stock
Paul Walsh sold GBP1m worth of shares in Diageo yesterday
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh continued his offloading of personal shares in the group yesterday (7 March) selling stock worth around GBP1m (US$1.5m).
Walsh sold 50,000 shares priced at GBP20.11 per share, according to a regulatory filing. He now has 604,614 ordinary shares in the group.
Walsh has sold GBP5.6m-worth of his own Diageo stock in the last six months. The CEO offloaded shares to the value of GBP1.4m last month, GBP370,000 in November and a disposal worth GBP2.9m last September.
Walsh's current investment in the group remains around GBP12m.
Last year, Diageo created the role of chief operating officer, with North America chief Ivan Menezes moving to fill the post. Menezes is widely-tipped to replace Walsh as CEO when he stands down at some point next year, according to industry speculation.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
Diageo is to spend GBP34m (US$53m) on its Guinness brand in the UK over the next 12 months on a campaign that includes a new TV ad....
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Heineken unveils global Desperados push
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014