UK: Diageo's Paul Walsh offloads more stock
Paul Walsh sold GBP1m worth of shares in Diageo yesterday
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh continued his offloading of personal shares in the group yesterday (7 March) selling stock worth around GBP1m (US$1.5m).
Walsh sold 50,000 shares priced at GBP20.11 per share, according to a regulatory filing. He now has 604,614 ordinary shares in the group.
Walsh has sold GBP5.6m-worth of his own Diageo stock in the last six months. The CEO offloaded shares to the value of GBP1.4m last month, GBP370,000 in November and a disposal worth GBP2.9m last September.
Walsh's current investment in the group remains around GBP12m.
Last year, Diageo created the role of chief operating officer, with North America chief Ivan Menezes moving to fill the post. Menezes is widely-tipped to replace Walsh as CEO when he stands down at some point next year, according to industry speculation.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
Diageo is to spend GBP34m (US$53m) on its Guinness brand in the UK over the next 12 months on a campaign that includes a new TV ad....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review