UK: Diageo's Paul Walsh offloads more stock
Paul Walsh sold GBP1m worth of shares in Diageo yesterday
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh continued his offloading of personal shares in the group yesterday (7 March) selling stock worth around GBP1m (US$1.5m).
Walsh sold 50,000 shares priced at GBP20.11 per share, according to a regulatory filing. He now has 604,614 ordinary shares in the group.
Walsh has sold GBP5.6m-worth of his own Diageo stock in the last six months. The CEO offloaded shares to the value of GBP1.4m last month, GBP370,000 in November and a disposal worth GBP2.9m last September.
Walsh's current investment in the group remains around GBP12m.
Last year, Diageo created the role of chief operating officer, with North America chief Ivan Menezes moving to fill the post. Menezes is widely-tipped to replace Walsh as CEO when he stands down at some point next year, according to industry speculation.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
Diageo is to spend GBP34m (US$53m) on its Guinness brand in the UK over the next 12 months on a campaign that includes a new TV ad....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018