Product Launch - US: Diageo's Parrot Bay, Smirnoff Frozen Pouches
Click through to view Diageo's Parrot Bay Frozen Pouches and Smirnoff Frozen Pouches
Category - Cocktails, frozen, RTD, 5% abv
Available - From 1 June
Location - Parrot Bay available US, nation-wide; Smirnoff Frozen Pouches in selected US markets
Price - SRP US$1.99 per 10oz (29.6cl) pouch
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has launched two frozen cocktail lines using flavours associated with the warmer months of the year.
Parrot Bay Frozen Pouches and Smirnoff Frozen Pouches come in three flavours each and will be sold in the US market only. Parrot Bay Frozen Pouches, which comes in Pina Colada, Mango Daiquiri and Strawberry Daiquiri variates, is available from convenience stores and beer distributors.
Smirnoff Frozen Pouches come in Blue Raspberry Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade and Cherry Limeade flavours and will be sold only in selected markets across the US, a Diageo spokesperson told just-drinks.
The malt beverage pouches are ready to serve from the freezer.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp