Product Launch - US: Diageo's Parrot Bay, Smirnoff Frozen Pouches
Click through to view Diageo's Parrot Bay Frozen Pouches and Smirnoff Frozen Pouches
Category - Cocktails, frozen, RTD, 5% abv
Available - From 1 June
Location - Parrot Bay available US, nation-wide; Smirnoff Frozen Pouches in selected US markets
Price - SRP US$1.99 per 10oz (29.6cl) pouch
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has launched two frozen cocktail lines using flavours associated with the warmer months of the year.
Parrot Bay Frozen Pouches and Smirnoff Frozen Pouches come in three flavours each and will be sold in the US market only. Parrot Bay Frozen Pouches, which comes in Pina Colada, Mango Daiquiri and Strawberry Daiquiri variates, is available from convenience stores and beer distributors.
Smirnoff Frozen Pouches come in Blue Raspberry Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade and Cherry Limeade flavours and will be sold only in selected markets across the US, a Diageo spokesperson told just-drinks.
The malt beverage pouches are ready to serve from the freezer.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World