US: Diageo's North America CFO steps down
Diageo reshuffles North America sales team
Diageo's chief financial officer in North America, Cathy Jessup, is to leave the drinks firm.
The firm will replace Jessop with Chris Davies, the current managing director of its Diageo Business Services based in Budapest. Davies will take up the role on 1 September.
Separately, Diageo said that it has created a president and chief commercial officer role for North America.
Kevin O’Neil, currently president of the commpany's US spirits & TBA national accounts and sales development, will take up the position and will report directly to Diageo USA president Larry Schwartz.
"By realigning Kevin’s energy toward driving the strategic vision for Diageo’s sales organisation across spirits, beer and wine, our sales teams will be able to focus on delivering excellent execution with our distributors,” said Schwartz.
"In this new position, O’Neil will have the opportunity to expand his influence across the total US & Canadian commercial teams, and will help to seamlessly connect brand marketing, innovation, trade marketing, sales and distributor management," said Diageo.
O'Neil's current job will be carved up between Mark Huber, president of US spirits in the 19 control states and also TBA national accounts, and Pete Carr, currently president of Diageo USA sales and who has been appointed to the new position of president for spirits in open states in the US.
Carr's successor will be announced at a later date, Diageo said.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
One of the first signs of madness, I was always told, is talking to yourself. If that's the case, then Larry Nelson may have finally lost it. Before we cart him off, though, let's listen in on his and...
Speculation has started circulating this week that Diageo may be looking to snap up Turkish spirits company Mey Içki from private equity firm TPG Capital. While Diageo won't be drawn on the rumours, a...
Chinese food and drink conglomerate Bright Food has snapped up a 40% stake in distilled spirit producer Quan Xing Jiu Ye....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends