Product Launch - UK: Diageo's Nola vodka spritz
The Nova variants come in bottled and canned formats
Category – RTD, vodka, spritz, 6.4% abv
Available – From tomorrow (17 June)
Location – In UK Tesco stores from tomorrow, then Asda stores from 10 July. National UK roll-out from next January
Price – RRP of GBP7.99 for 70cl bottle; RRP of GBP2.99 for 25cl can
Diageo is launching a new vodka spritz ready-to-drink brand aimed at women who normally drink wine.
The brand, Nola, with a 6.4% abv, comes in two flavours – raspberry & elderflower and watermelon & strawberry. It will be sold in a 70cl bottle and 25cl can.
“Nola is designed to appeal to women in their late 20s and 30s who are looking for new and exciting drink alternatives for their casual-get-togethers,” Diageo said.
The drink contains 35% fewer calories than a standard glass of Pinot Grigio, according to the company.
Alice Ponti, Diageo Western Europe's senior innovation manager, said: “We created Nola after realising how little choice women have for a great tasting, lighter alternative to wine. A 12% abv drink is not ideal on all occasions. Nola has been researched extensively and the consumer response has been consistently phenomenal.”
Diageo also claims Nola's bottle is an “industry first” which is designed to mirror the shape of a wine bottle.
Accolade Wines is also launching a fruit-infused range of wines under its Echo Falls label next month.
Earlier today, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. In this excerpt from the full report, which can be down...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Beer in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends