TURKEY: Diageo's Mey Icki faces competition probe
Mey Icki is facing scrutiny from Turkey's competition authorities
Turkey's competition authorities have launched an investigation into Diageo-owned spirit group Mey Icki.
The country's Competition Board said yesterday (18 February) that the “preliminary” probe is based on complaints that Mey Icki allegedly prevented sales of competitors' products in stores and abused its “dominant” market position. A Diageo spokesperson declined to comment on the investigation after being contacted by just-drinks.
Mey Icki has defended itself in a press statement, reported by local media. The subsidiary said that the investigation does not mean the company broke competition rules, and that previous probes had been carried out based on rival companies' claims, Hurriyet Daily News reported. The company said it would work with the Competition Board during the investigation, it was reported.
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts