Product Launch – US: Diageo's Jose Cuervo 250 Aniversario
Diageo's Jose Cuervo 250 Aniversario
Category - Spirits, Tequila, Extra Anejo
Available - Now
Location - US, limited edition, 495 bottles
Price - US$2,250 per 750ml bottle
On 2 November 1758, Don Jose Antonio de Cuervo obtained the first plot of land on which to cultivate agave. In anticipation of the 250th anniversary, Jose Cuervo jimadores planted blue agave on the same land obtained in 1758 and used these plants exclusively in the production of Jose Cuervo 250 Aniversario.
The product is a 100% blue agave Extra Anejo Tequila aged in a double-cask method. The best of these Extra Anejos, aged in toasted new American Oak barrels for a minimum of three years, are blended together and then finished for ten months in Sherry casks.
The decanters are packaged in oak gift boxes. Each decanter will have its sequential number etched into the glass.
In this month's just the Answer, we sit down with Diageo's chief marketing officer, Andy Fennell, who assumed the post in September 2008. Fennell timed his promotion to almost coincide with the econom...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research